Monday, July 11, 2011

A lesson learnt from recent incident...

I went to see a 4 bedroom, 1722 sqft top floor unit at Hillview area on 2 July 2011. My wife and myself like the place very much, so we intend to bring her parents along to take a look. We had wanted to view again on the very next day, which is a Sunday. The agent, Mr Thomas Lee from Savills, said that only 1 weekend viewing is allowed. Therefore, we arranged for a second viewing on Saturday 9 July 2011, which he said "OK".

Out of the sudden, one Thursday evening (7 July 2011), the agent just called my agent to say that the deal is closed. That is, he has issued the Option to Purchase form as one buyer has match the seller's asking price. As a seller's agent, knowing that there are more than one interested party, shouldn't he ask if we can offer a higher price?

I felt like I was robbed of a chance to even offer at a higher price than the owner's asking price.

How do you find the agent, Mr Thomas Lee, of his professionalism here?

No comments:

Post a Comment